1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM
Proven performance you can trust - 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST integrates EYE‑INSPIRED™ Innovations for an exceptional vision experience.7
For patients with astigmatism who need clear and stable vision and who feel their eyes are prone to sensitivity, irritation or allergies and want to comfortably enjoy everyday activities. 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST for ASTIGMATISM with LACREON® Technology has dual action technology and are designed to work in harmony with the eye, helping keep moisture in and irritation out.5
- Helps to provide clear, stable vision throughout the day, even with extensive head and eye movements1
- Featuring our innovative EYELID STABILISED DESIGN, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST for ASTIGMATISM works naturally with the eyelids to help keep the lens in the correct position1 during head tilts, blinks and other eye movements, providing patients with clear, consistent, stable vision.
- Unbeaten in comfort in its category λ
- Nearly 99% spherical and astigmatic eyes can be accommodated by the stock prescription ranges of 1·DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses4
1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST integrates premium EYE INSPIRED™ Innovations for an exceptional vision experience:7
- EYELID STABILISED DESIGN for astigmatism
- Antioxidants to support comfort7§**
- UV-blocking for eye health7§**
- Moisture-infused for hydration7
- Invisible edge for comfort7
8.5 mm base curve/14.5 mm diameter
-6.50D to -9.00D (in 0.50 D steps)
0.00D to -6.00D (in 0.25 D steps)
+0.25D to +4.00D (in 0.25 D steps)
-0.75D, -1.25D, -1.75D, -2.25D*
10°-180° in 10° steps for 0.00D to -6.00D
70°-110° and 160°,170°,180°, 10° , 20° for -6.50D to -9.00D and +0.25D to +4.00D
*cylinder -2.25D available in power range 0.00D to -6.00D and axes 10°, 20°, 70°, 80°, 90°, 100°, 110°, 160°, 170°, 180°
|Lens material||Etafilcon A|
|Wetting technology||LACREON® technology|
|Center thickness at -3.00D (mm)||0.090|
|Oxygen transmissibility (Dk/t)||23.7 x 10-9(-3.00D lens)|
|Oxygen % available to central cornea||88%|
|Class 2 UV-blocking**||98.8% UVB, 85.1% UVA|
Visibility tint, Orientation marks,
Vertical single lines at 6 and 12 o’clock
|Recommended replacement schedule||Single use: 1 day replacement|
|Package size available||30 or 90 lenses|
ACUVUE® EYELID STABILISED DESIGN
ACUVUE® EYELID STABILISED DESIGN harnesses the power of natural eyelid movement to help align and stabilise the lens. While traditional prism and peri-ballast designs may be affected by gravity to a greater degree, ACUVUE® EYELID STABILISED DESIGN utilises four unique stabilisation zones that work with the eyelids to help keep the contact lens in place. However your patient’s day may be, their vision is clear and stable all day.
- Speed: Quickly orientates and stabilises within minutes of application and realigns naturally with every blink1#
- No vertical prism in optic zone1
- As easy to fit as the spherical lenses1+
- LACREON® wetting technology, with the locked-in wetting agent PVP, provides a long-lasting cushion of moisture for 20 hours or more5
- Etafilcon A helps keep eye environment in its natural state, which might otherwise lead to irritation6^
Packing solution contains boric acid and disodium tetraborate (sodium borate) to control the pH of the solution.
λ In 14 clinical studies posted on www.clinicaltrials.gov, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Family (spherical, astigmatism, and multifocal) contact lenses has never been beaten in comfort in its category. www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 14 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Family (spherical, astigmatism, and multifocal) contact lenses with LACREON® technology, within the category of hydrogel daily disposable contact lenses. Review conducted as of April 25, 2021.
# Vertical heterophoria possibly caused by prism dissociation due to the presence of induced optical prism is a relevant factor for practitioners to consider when fitting toric contact lenses for monocular astigmats or those requiring a mix of toric soft contact lens designs2,3. Clinical studies have not been done to fully characterize the clinical effects of differences in base down prism among different contact lenses.
** All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. UV transmission measured with -1.00 lens.
§ Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
+ Based on high fit success rates, number of lenses required and time to fit lenses during ACUVUE® for ASTIGMATISM clinical studies
^ Based on in-vitro data; clinical studies have not been done directly linking differences in lysozyme profile with specific clinical benefits
1. JJV Data on File 2021. ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM - Overall Fitting Success, Orientation Position, Rotational Stability, and Vision Performance.
2. Jackson D, Bedell HE. Vertical heterophoria and susceptibility to visually induced motion sickness. Strabismus. 2012;20(1):17-23.
3. duToit R, Ramke J, Brian G. Tolerance to prism induced by readymade spectacles: setting and using a standard. Optom Vis Sci. 2007;84(11):1053-1059
4. JJV Data on File 2020. Proportion Astigmats Accommodated with ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM
5. JJV Data on File 2021. Dual Action Technology and “Cushion of Moisture” Description for 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Brand Family of Contact Lenses
6. Heynen M, Omali NB, Fadli Z, Coles-Brennan C, Subbaraman LN, Jones L. Selectivity and localization of lysozyme uptake in contemporary hydrogel contact lens materials. J Biomat Sci, Polymer Ed. 2017;28(13):1351-1364.
7. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® Brand – EYE‑INSPIRED™ Innovations.
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Contact lenses should not be used in case of eye infections or any other eye conditions, or in case of a systemic disease that may affect the eye. For complete information, including contraindications, precautions and adverse reactions, please consult the Instructions for Use or visit our J&J website www.jnjvisionpro.co.uk