ACUVUE® OASYS for ASTIGMATISM Contact Lenses
ACUVUE® OASYS for ASTIGMATISM Contact Lenses
ACUVUE® OASYS Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM are part of the ACUVUE® OASYS family that is the #1 selling contact lens brand in the world.**
Unbeaten in comfort§
- Wearers using computers report their eyes feeling comfortable and hydrated all day1
- Maintains low coefficient of friction, comparable to that of the cornea2Δ
- Built to help with the feeling of tired eyes due to digital device usage3,4†
Featuring our innovative EYELID STABILISED DESIGN, ACUVUE® that works naturally with the eyelids to help keep the lens in the correct position5 during head tilts, blinks and other eye movements, providing patients with clear, consistent, stable vision.
HYDRACLEAR® PLUS Technology embeds tear-like molecules (PVP) that mimic the mucins found in the tear film to help support a stable tear film6
ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM with EYELID STABILISED design help keep vision clear and stable all day long - even for people with an active lifestyle.5ACUVUE® OASYS Brand with HYDRACLEAR® PLUS Technology blocks greater than 90% of UVA rays and greater than 99% of UVB rays, meeting the strictest UV-blocking requirements, offering the highest levels of UV blocking available in contact lenses.7‡,*
8.6 mm base curve/14.5 mm diameter
Sphere powers from +6.00D to -6.00D (in 0.25D steps) and from -6.50D to -9.00D (in 0.50D steps)
5 cylinder powers: -0.75DC, -1.25DC, -1.75DC, -2.25DC, -2.75DC
18 axes (in 10 degree steps)
Accommodates up to 98% of spherical and astigmatic patients¶^
|Lens material||Senofilcon A|
HYDRACLEAR® PLUS &
EYELID STABILIZED Design
|Center thickness at -3.00D (mm)||0.080|
|Oxygen transmissibility (Dk/t)||129 x 10-9 (for -3.00D lens)|
|Oxygen % available to central cornea||98% (open eye), 95% (closed eye)|
|Class 1 UV-blocking**||99.9% UVB, 96.1% UVA|
Visibility tint, Orientation marks,
Vertical single lines at 6 and 12 o’clock
|Recommended replacement schedule||
Daily wear: 2-weekly replacement
Extended wear: 1-weekly replacement
|Package size available||6 lenses|
ACUVUE® EYELID STABILISED DESIGN
ACUVUE® EYELID STABILISED DESIGN harnesses the power of natural eyelid movement to help align and stabilise the lens. While traditional prism and peri-ballast designs may be affected by gravity to a greater degree, ACUVUE® EYELID STABILISED DESIGN utilises four unique stabilisation zones that work with the eyelids to help keep the contact lens in place. However your patient’s day may be, their vision is clear and stable all day.
- Speed: Quickly orientates and stabilises within minutes of application and realigns naturally with every blink5
- No vertical prism in optic zone5#
- As easy to fit as the spherical lenses5+
Never beaten in comfort§
- When surveyed, 7 out of 10 ACUVUE® OASYS wearers said it is the most comfortable brand of contacts they have ever worn8
- Wearers using computers report their eyes feeling hydrated all day1
- Maintains a low coefficient of friction, comparable to that of the corneaΔ2
Packing solution contains boric acid and disodium tetraborate (sodium borate) to control the pH of the solution.
*All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. UV transmission measured with –1.00D lens.
** Source: Euromonitor International Limited, based on research conducted in August 2020, "world" and "globally" represent markets accounting for 76% of total daily disposable contact lenses in 2019 (retail sales).
‡ Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
+ Based on high fit success rates, number of lenses required and time to fit lenses during ACUVUE® for ASTIGMATISM clinical studies
§ www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 25 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for ACUVUE® OASYS 2-weekly Brand Family. Review conducted as of April 25, 2021.
Δ Using t-test on least-square means from the linear mixed model. Adjusted for multiplicity. JJV Data on File 2020
† The ACUVUE® OASYS Family was formulated with an internal wetting agent to help maintain a stable tear film and reduce dryness symptoms caused by exposure to digital devices
¶ No other stock reusable sphere and toric family offers more spherical and astigmatic powers than ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses.
^ ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses cover 98% of spherical and cylindrical prescriptions.
# Vertical heterophoria possibly caused by prism dissociation due to the presence of induced optical prism is a relevant factor for practitioners to consider when fitting toric contact lenses for monocular astigmats or those requiring a mix of toric soft contact lens designs(1),(2). Clinical studies have not been done to fully characterize the clinical effects of differences in base down prism among different contact lenses.
(1) Jackson D, Bedell HE. Vertical heterophoria and susceptibility to visually induced motion sickness. Strabismus. 2012;20(1):17-23.
(2) duToit R, Ramke J, Brian G. Tolerance to prism induced by readymade spectacles: setting and using a standard. Optom Vis Sci. 2007;84(11):1053-1059.
1. JJV Data on File 2017. A 4-week randomized, masked, controlled, cross-over, dispensing daily wear study with ACUVUE® OASYS vs. ULTRA; n=127 subjects who spent greater than or equal to 8 hours per day using digital devices during the study period.
2. JJV Data on File 2020. Coefficient of Friction of ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses (2-Week and Daily Disposable) Compared to the Human Cornea.
3. JJV Data on File 2020. ACUVUE® OASYS Family Digital Device Claims
4. Ruston, D. Computers, comfort, and contact lenses. Optician. 2006;6072(232)
5. JJV Data on File 2021. ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM - Overall Fitting Success, Orientation Position, Rotational Stability, and Vision Performance.
6. JJV Data on File 2018. Similarities between Mucin and Poly(N-Vinyl Pyrrolidone) (PVP)
7. JJV Data on File 2016. ACUVUE OASYS® Brand Products Comparison
8. Pall B, Wales M, Roussopoulou E. Eye Care Professional and Contact Lens Wearer Perspectives on Digital Screen Devices. Optom. Vis. Sci. 2014;91:e-abstract 145197.
Important Safety Information:
ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Contact lenses should not be used in case of eye infections or any other eye conditions, or in case of a systemic disease that may affect the eye. For complete information, including contraindications, precautions and adverse reactions, please consult the Instructions for Use or visit our J&J website www.jnjvisionpro.co.uk