ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology are the daily disposable lens for your patients' demanding days.
Today’s patients look to seamlessly wear their lenses in diverse environments for longer throughout each day.7 For these patients, ACUVUE® now provides ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day, the latest ACUVUE® daily disposable spherical contact lens, specially designed to keep up with their busy lifestyle.1
Featuring HydraLuxe® Technology, a unique Tear-Inspired Design that mimics the natural properties of tears and helps to stabilise the tear film to provide exceptional comfort all day long3 and makes vision clearer, brighter and sharper.5,6*
- Exceptional vision and performance10
- Superior, all day comfort11β
- Gentle on the eye2,5
- Sharper, brighter, clearer vision5,6*
- Highest level of UV protection available in a daily disposable lens**,‡
- The freedom and convenience of a fresh, new lens every day
- Also available for Astigmatism
8.5 mm base curve/14.3 mm diameter
9.0 mm base curve/14.3 mm diameter
–0.50D to –6.00D (0.25D steps)
–6.50D to –12.00D (0.50D steps)
+0.50D to +6.00D (0.25D steps)
+6.50D to +8.00D (0.50D steps)
|Lens material||Senofilcon A|
|Wetting technology||Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) using HydraLuxe® Technology|
|Center thickness at -3.00D (mm)||0.085 (varies by power)|
|Oxygen transmissibility (Dk/t)||121 X 10-9 (–3.00D lens)|
|Oxygen % available to central cornea||98% (open eye)|
|Class 1 UV-blocking**||99% UVB, 90% UVA|
|Visibility features||Visibility tint‘123’ inversion indicator|
|Package size available||30, 90 lenses|
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology features a proprietary tear-inspired design that mimics the natural properties of tears.2
The lens's embedded network of mucin-like molecules work with the natural mucins of the tear film, allowing it to spread evenly over the entire contact lens surface creating a smooth and stable refractive surface. In fact, ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day’s coefficient of friction is so low, that it is comparable to the naked eye.9^
In 29 clinical studies posted on www.clinicaltrials.gov+, the ACUVUE® OASYS Family of contact lenses has never been beaten in comfort.4
Sharper, brighter, clearer vision*6
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology, inspired by ideal tear-film optics8, delivers superior vision* and improved contrast sensitivity results*, helping to make subtle details more sharp, bright and crisp.6
Packing solution contains boric acid and disodium tetraborate (sodium borate) to control the pH of the solution.
β JJV Data on File JJVCI 2016. Statistical superiority on Comfort composite scores achieved using the Contact Lens User Experience™ (CLUE) questionnaire, a validated patient-reported outcomes (PRO) tool. In a randomized, single (patient) masked, crossover clinical study (2016, n=276) patients were randomly assigned ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology or Dailies Total1® the first week and switched to wearing the other lens the second week. Lenses were worn as daily disposable on both eyes.
*Improved optical performance and vision compared to ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses with HYDRACLEAR Plus Technology
**All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. UV transmission measured with –1.00D lens.
‡ Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye.
+ www.clinicaltrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 29 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for ACUVUE® OASYS Brand 2-Weekly Family and for ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology. Review conducted as of April 25, 2021.
^ Using t-test on least-square means from the linear mixed model. Adjusted for multiplicity. JJV Data on File 2020.
† % available to central cornea (open eye); compared to 100% with no lens; Brennan NA. Beyond flux: Total corneal oxygen consumption as index of corneal oxygenation during CL wear. OVS 2005;82(6):467–72.
1. JJV data on file 2015, 1-week DW study, n=119 soft CL wearers, 81.5% rarely/never experienced eye fatigue.
2. JJV Data on File 2021. HydraLuxe® Technology Definition
3. JJV Data on File 2018. ACUVUE® Master Brand Claims on Clinical Performance and Overall Material Properties.
4. JJV Data on File 2021. Claim for the family of ACUVUE® OASYS Contact Lenses (2-week reusable) and ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology using clinical trials cited on www.clinicaltrials.gov website (February 25, 2021).
5. JJV Data on File 2018. Similarities between Mucin and Poly(N-Vinyl Pyrrolidone) (PVP)
6. Cheng X, Moody K, Xu J, Lesmes L, Hofmann G, Maggio T, Johnson B. Visual Performance of Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Contact Lenses. BCLA 2017 poster.
7. Matthews K et al. Exploring variability in soft contact lens performance throughout the day. AAO poster presentation 2015.
8. JJV Data on File 2017. Visual performance of ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day contact lenses with HydraLuxe® Technology.
9. JJV Data on File 2020. Coefficient of Friction of ACUVUE® OASYS contact lenses (2-Week and Daily Disposable) Compared to the Human Cornea.
10. JJV Data on File 2016. Design Enhancements and Resultant Benefits of ACUVUE® OASYS Brand Contact Lenses 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology for ASTIGMATISM
11. JJV Data on File 2015. Statistical superiority on Comfort composite scores achieved using the Contact Lens User Experience (CLUE) questionnaire, a validated patient-reported outcomes (PRO) tool. In a randomized, single (patient) masked, crossover clinical study (2016, n=276) patients were randomly assigned ACUVUE OASYS® 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology or Dailies Total1 the first week and switched to wearing the other lens the second week. Lenses were worn as daily disposable on both eyes.
Important Safety Information
ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are indicated for vision correction. As with any contact lens, eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop. Some wearers may experience mild irritation, itching or discomfort. Contact lenses should not be used in case of eye infections or any other eye conditions, or in case of a systemic disease that may affect the eye. For complete information, including contraindications, precautions and adverse reactions, please consult the Instructions for Use or visit our J&J website www.jnjvisionpro.co.uk